The primary responsibility of the Sr. Account Exec, Specialty Benefits, is to work with the broker community to drive specialty sales and with the UHC medical Account Executives, to promote specialty product sales in the marketplace. The Sr. Specialty Benefits AE will be accountable for delivering the specialty sales goal for the assigned market, will be involved in external marketing and act as a subject matter expert to promote specialty employer paid and voluntary products. These positions will be aligned with the market segment, defined as 100 to 3,000 lives
This role is focused on external and internal activities to drive specialty sales including:
They are responsible for full oversight of specialty sales to achieve health plan market sales goals and maintain profitability. Consulting with broker and health plan sales teams, they will lead strategy calls related to specialty products and deliver finalist and large broker presentations as specialty subject matter expert.
- Conduct in-depth presentations in market
- Create and drive strategies for top specialty producing agencies and Brokers
- Collaborate with Sales Management and/or Health Plan leadership regarding pipeline, persistency, market objectives and develop competitive strategies with specific Brokers / General Agents
- Work collaboratively with medical AE to support sales, product and process education, and training on employer paid and voluntary specialty products
- Conduit for communication on specialty topics including marketing initiatives
- Educates sales support on quoting plan designs & product pre-implementation
- Develop business relationships with medical AE as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in order to increase specialty sales
- Product Knowledge
- Solid knowledge of all products sold in their market segment, including competitive products; applies independent judgment to recommend products for a given customer's situation
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Five or more years of experience in sales or account management in the insurance industry with specialty products (Dental, Vision, Life, Disability)
- Existing broker and/or consultant relationships in the marketplace
- Ability to understand underwriting, financial and analytical details as necessary
- Demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding sales goals with specialty products
- Very strong organizational skills are key to balancing multiple priorities, objectives and customer obligations and time management skills critical to success
- Relationship Building and Influence
- Ability to negotiate and close sales
- Ability to navigate UnitedHealthcare internal departments to produce positive service results for clients and the company
- Ability to build and maintain strong client and producer relationships; customer focused approach
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong presentation skills
- Sales insurance license(s) must be maintained as required by state law
Preferred Qualification:Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Sr. Account Executive, Specialty Benefits, Sales, Account Management, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Underwriting, Financial, Concord, CA, San Francisco, CA, California