We are looking for a talented, experienced senior software architect to join C.H. Robinson's Enterprise Architecture team to increase the velocity and quality of delivering advanced algorithm solutions (AI, ML, data science models) within our software systems. Our mission is to provide guidance and direction to internal and external software development teams through defining shared tools, frameworks and software patterns that help those teams succeed at delivering critical solutions faster and with higher quality. If you are passionate about leading technology to help deliver our next generation of intelligent software systems, let's talk!
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Collaborate and work with machine learning and data science teams in defining a complete SDLC around model delivery, model validation, and model management through the selection and implementation of machine learning and data science platform tools integrated with our engineering processes
- Partner and work with data engineers and data management teams to define consistent strategies and best practices for consuming and managing both batch and real-time data flows needs for data science modeling as well as machine learning engineering efforts
- Collaborate and work with software architects and software engineering teams to define strategies and best practices for model integration and CI/CD automation of advanced analytics into our software systems as part of our overall enterprise CI/CD strategy
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineering teams through technical POCs, shared frameworks, and desired best practices and patterns for machine learning, software development, delivery and management
- Define enterprise strategy for model benchmarking, model drift, and model scaling
- Deliver strategic roadmaps for transforming machine learning software systems from current-state to future-state by collaborating with technology and business leaders
- Partner with our Security, DevOps, Cloud Hosting, Continuity and Data Privacy, and all our software teams to align with their strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS, MIS, or other technology degree; or minimum of 4 years of equivalent work experience and high school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing and driving implementation of large-scale machine learning and traditional software products or services that span multiple systems
- Experience using languages associated with modeling such as Python, R, Julia
- In-depth experience building and scaling machine learning-based software
- Experience with modern development languages (e.g. .Net CORE, C#, Java)
- Experience with database objects in relational databases (ex. MS SQL, Postgres, Oracle) including schema design, stored procedure development and performance and optimization techniques
- Experience with non-relational databases (ex. MongoDB, Cosmos)
- Experience with data streaming architecture and frameworks (Kafka, RabbitMQ) and event driven, eventually consistent software design patterns
- Experience building cloud native applications and services (ex. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience establishing machine learning testing patterns, acceptance testing criteria, and reviewing others' automated tests
- Experience with version control systems (ex. GIT, GITHub, TFS, etc.)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering with a focus in machine learning or data science or related technical field
- Experience directly or indirectly leading high performing teams with the ability to assess and grow software engineering talent
- Proven record of strong decision-making, conflict resolution, follow through and building technical relationships with senior executives
- A mindset of continual learning, growth, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Possess solid communication skills and strong customer focus
- Ability to solve complex problems with a thorough design and collaborate with multiple partners on common goals
- Contributions to open source projects, publicly available frameworks and/or patents
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
About C.H. Robinson
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.
C.H. Robinson - Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran