Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
- Conduct major acquisitions and contracts in a cost effective manner, while ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures
- Plan, award, and administer significant dollar amount purchases of goods and services covering a wide range of technically complex products and services. Serve as liaison with organizational key stakeholder staff to ensure effective overall operation of the procurement and payables system
- Research and monitor existing contracts, i.e. locally negotiated or GPO, for applicability
- Facilitates periodic reviews with key suppliers in spend categories that are within area(s) of responsibility
- Plan, assess and prioritize requirements for complex programs including issues of emerging technology advances in equipment, contracting, consignments, and the use of the internet for procurement transactions
- Takes ownership of patient / customer needs, inquiries, and/or problems. Follows through on patient/customer needs, inquiries, requests, or complaints to be sure that their needs are met in a timely and positive manner, problems are resolved, follow up is made, and issues have been appropriately addressed
- Listens actively to others and engages effectively by asking direct, clarifying questions of the person(s) present. Initiates dialogue, encourages discussion, explains own point of view and shares knowledge willingly. Seeks and uses feedback in communicating with others
- Writes content as directed in a clear, concise style that is grammatically correct. Avoids using medical and business jargon when communicating with patients, families, or customers. Uses structured communication methods (e.g. SBAR, ARCC, as applicable) consistently when performing work duties having higher risk for harm
- Puts patient / customer, employee and visitor safety first, by continuously asking the safety question first, ensuring positive support for those who speak up for safety, reinforcing and building accountability for safety behaviors, and finding problems and fixing root causes within area of responsibility
- Delivers more than expected on work activities to ensure service recovery goals are reached.
- Demonstrates willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges and do what is needed without being asked. Sets high standards, consistently uses service recovery techniques, even when involved in very difficult or emotionally charged situations
- Supports and mentors colleagues in meeting service recovery goals
- Adheres to standard policies and procedures. Strives to surpass past performance levels. May focus on new or more precise ways of meeting performance objectives than those set by management
- Participates in Quality Improvement processes
- Acts to promote a friendly work environment, interpersonal rapport, good morale, and cooperation among team members across both medical centers
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ year of purchasing experience required with knowledge and understanding of purchasing policies and practices
- Experience with Medical and Non - Medical Supplies, Services, and Equipment
- Experience in Healthcare and Hospital Services
- Strong ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) experience and knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and extensive experience and knowledge Microsoft Excel (edit / build spreadsheets, basic navigation between tabs, sort / filer, pulling information to Excel, analyzing data)
- Extensive experience and knowledge of PC applications, including Microsoft PowerPoint (edit / save presentations, add content, presentation skills), Microsoft Word (edit / save documents, basic navigation), and Microsoft Outlook (manage / organize email and calendar, create folders, schedule meetings)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- Advanced experience and knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v - lookups)
- Construction or capital project experience
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, oral presentation, and verbal communication skills
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Senior Buyer, Senior Procurement Analyst, Procurement Buyer, Sourcing, Procurement, Concord, Buyer, Analytical, Analyst
View ourCovid-19 Resources Page at: